Federal COVID-19 relief funds have been authorized to the Southcentral Mississippi Works workforce area for the purpose of assisting employers with the cost of hiring and training employees. If your business has been affected by the COVID-19 crisis, and you hire an individual who has been furloughed, unemployed or otherwise displaced, you could be eligible for assistance.
To qualify for assistance, your business must meet one of these criteria:
- A business that has experienced closure due to nonessential designation
- A business that has experienced a business slow down due to supply chain interruption
- A business that has experienced loss due to reduced orders or reduced consumer demand
- A business that has shut down due to COVID-19 outbreak on employer site
- A business required to revise method of production or service provision process
Under the program, you will interview and select your employees just as you would normally. You will get reimbursed up to 75% of the employee’s wage rate after they have worked 320 hours, or eight weeks working full time at 40 hours a week.
The program is not retroactive. You must make application and work with the Win Job Center before hiring the employee.
For more information, call the Vicksburg office at 601-619-2841 or contact Tina Tolar at the CMPDD Workforce Department at 601-321-2162 or email [email protected].