The Vicksburg Police Department reports the following incidents from Friday, May 15, to Sunday, May 17.
Officers responded to two auto burglaries on Sunday. Both incidents involved the theft of firearms:
- One burglary occurred at the Waffle House, 2455 North Frontage Road, at about 12:58 p.m. The victim reported someone broke into a 2013 Ford F-250 and stole a Henry .22-caliber lever-action rifle and a Heritage Rough Rider revolver.
- A burglary victim came into the police station at 2:51 p.m. to report that someone broke into his truck while he was fishing and stole a 9mm Ruger pistol and a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 rifle.
Eight incidents of shots fired were reported. Officers found no evidence of shots fired at any of the calls:
- Friday, May 15, at 1:29 p.m. officers responded to the area of Drummond Street and Bowmar Avenue.
- Friday, at 7:12 p.m., officers responded to Halls Ferry Road at Speed Street.
- Friday at 8:10 p.m., officers responded to the area of Cherry and Speed streets.
- Friday at 10:29 p.m., officers responded to the 2600 block of Moore Drive.
- Saturday, May 16, at 7:30 p.m., officers responded to the 2400 block of Letitia Street.
- Saturday at 8:43 p.m., officers responded to the area of North Farmer and Price streets.
- Saturday at 10:36 a.m., officers responded to the Best Western, 2445 North Frontage Road.
- Sunday, May 17, at 9:11 p.m. officers responded to the 300 block of Mission 66.
If you have information on any of these incidents, please call the Vicksburg Police Department at 601-636-2511.