Vicksburg South Ward Alderman Alex Monsour did not sign the newest memorandum of understanding between the City of Vicksburg and LD’s Kitchen that allows it to reopen its bar and lounge.
Watch the video to hear Monsour’s explanation.
VDN filed an open records request for the documents that were adopted Monday morning by the Mayor and Aldermen. According to the agreement, these are the conditions for reopening the bar:
- That LD’s Kitchen LLC/Larry Prentiss has transferred management of its bar and lounge to another person who will manage the lounge for and on behalf of Larry Prentiss.
- Hours for the lounge will not begin before 6 p.m. daily.
- Security will require all patrons entering the said facility to be screened by security guards using hand-held metal detectors.
- That patrons leaving the facility and returning will again have to be screened by security
- That all patrons will be required to ingress and egress through the front door of said facility.
- Security guards will check patrons’ identification before allowing entrance and not allow anyone under the age of 21 into the lounge.
- That the side door of said facility shall not be used as an entrance.
- Security guards will monitor parking area that belongs to business.
- Will maintain cameras inside and outside the facility to record activities on premises and said recordings will be available to the Vicksburg Police Department
- Upgrade security by hiring security company which has been in business of at least two (2) years with trained guards.
- Train staff on new safety procedures.
- Before reopening, all exit doors shall contain push bar emergency exits with sirens on doors.