Officers with the Vicksburg Police Department arrested Anita Roberts, 51, of Greenup, Ky., on the morning of Monday, May 4, following a traffic stop on Indiana Avenue. Roberts was wanted by the Kentucky Department of Corrections for parole violation. She is currently awaiting extradition.
In other incidents, police responded to three auto burglaries on Friday, May 1 and Saturday, May 2.
- On Friday at 8:04 a.m., officers responded to a residence in the 700 block of Beresford Street where the victim stated a Taurus .380 handgun was stolen out of the console of her car.
- On Saturday, at 10:20 a.m., officers responded to Atwood Motors, 2339 North Frontage Road where the victim reported someone broke into his white 1998 Chevrolet truck. A silver HP laptop, a black Lacoste bag, football equipment, clothes, shoes and loose change were taken. The vehicle had been left unlocked.
- Saturday at 3:24 p.m. officers were dispatched to Walgreens, 3341 Halls Ferry Road where the victim stated someone had broken the driver side window out of a Mercedes SUV GLE 400 and took a Michael Kors wallet from under the driver’s seat. The suspect went to the Dollar General at 3305 Pemberton Square Blvd. and tried to make a purchase of $55.81 on a debit card that was in the stolen wallet, but the card was canceled before the purchase went through.
Officers responded to two shots-fired calls on Friday, May 1, and Sunday, May 3. In both cases, the officers checked the area but did not find evidence of shots fired.
- Friday at 9:23 p.m., officers responded to the area of Halls Ferry Road and Tanglewood Drive.
- Sunday at 10:23 p.m., officers responded to the area of Alfa Drive.
If you have information on any of these incidents, please call the Vicksburg Police Department at 601-636-2511.