As of 2:30 p.m., officials are responding to reports of trees down involving power lines on Dana Road as well as near the intersection of Blossom Lane and Kavanaugh Drive in Oak Park.
Please treat every intersection as a 4-way stop if a signal is damaged or out.
[Update 3:5o p.m.] – The following has been reported:
- So far there are reports of four homes damaged, 20 roads blocked and countless vehicles damaged.
- No injuries have been reported.
- Schools have released the buses.
[Update 3:45 p.m.] – The following has been reported:
- Chapel Hill Road – Multiple trees down in the area
- We are getting lots of submissions from readers of power lines down and trees blocking roadways. Please use caution and do not drive unless you have to. Allow crews to respond.
[Update 3:35 p.m.] – The following has been reported:
- Chapel Hill – Two large trees down.
- Amos Road – Tree down.
- Power out at Sky Farm.
- Jeff Davis and Redbone – Trees down.
- Hwy. 80 near Bovina – Power pole has snapped.
- Duncan Road, south of Bovina – Power outage.
- Reports of people stuck between two downed trees on Fisher Ferry. No injuries.
[Update 3:25 p.m.] – The following locations are being reported:
- Nailor Road – Multiple trees and power lines down.
- Brogan Drive – Tree down, blocking roadway.
- Tree down on 465 – One lane is blocked.
- Eagle Lake area is without power. Crews are responding.
[Update 3:10 p.m.] – A tree has been reported down on Halls Ferry, just past Burger King, which has one lane blocked. Redbone Road, just past Singing Hills Road, has a tree down, bringing down power lines with it. The roadway is impassable at this time.
[Update 2:50 p.m.] – We have received word of a tree down on Fisher Ferry.
We are receiving information on consistent winds in the 30 mph range from throughout the county.
Please shelter in place until this storm passes.
We will continue to update this story with additional information as it becomes available to us.