The Eagle Lake Matters website has announced a town hall for residents of the flooded community and surrounding areas affected by the Yazoo Backwater Flood.
The meeting will be held Tuesday, July 23, at 5:30 p.m. at the Warren County Courthouse, 1009 Cherry St., Vicksburg, in the 2nd Floor courtroom.
On the panel:
- Mr. Scott Coopwood, Region II & Vice Chairman for Mississippi Commission Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks and owner of Delta Business Journal
- Joe Girot, Federal Coordination Officer for FEMA for the State of Mississippi
- Greg Michel, Director of MEMA
- Peter Nimrod, Mississippi Levee Board
- Drew Smith, Chief of Water Management, Vicksburg District Corps of Engineers
- Ryan Jones, Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks
- Warren County Board of Supervisors, all supervisors should be in attendance
- John Elfer, Warren County Emergency Management Director
- Ben Luckett, Warren County Tax Assessor
- Martin Pace, Warren County Sheriff
- Jan Daige – Circuit Clerk
- Jerry Briggs, Warren County Fire Coordinator
- Kevin Ford, State Representative
Other representatives from various agencies will be in attendance.