The Vicksburg Fire Department recently posted that the city is now taking applications for Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs).
If recent weather events have shown us anything, it’s that emergency response personnel are a vital part of our community.
Some qualifications needed for the position are as follows:
- be a citizen of the United States.
- be at least 18 years of age.
- have a valid state driver’s license
- have a valid EMS driver’s license.
- be a Nationally Registered EMT
- undergo background checks and screenings
Earnings start at $34,611.20 a year with vacation, sick leave, healthcare and retirement benefits.
Applications can be obtained via the City of Vicksburg website and returned to the following address:
Vicksburg Fire Department
1630 Walmut Street
Vicksburg, MS 39180
Further information can be obtained by calling 601-634-4500.