The Mississippi Gaming Commission, which is the regulatory authority over gaming facilities in the state, has issued the following guidance in the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Everyone in the indoor public areas of a casino property is required to wear a mask or face shield covering the nose and mouth.
- Masks can be removed temporarily while eating or drinking or when asked by casino staff for identification.
- Casinos must encourage social distancing between visitors and between staff and post signs in public areas.
- Signs also will be placed at all casino entrances with a checklist of COVID-19 symptoms, asking staff members and visitors not to enter the property if their answer is “yes” to any question on the checklist.
- Staff members will clean and disinfect high-frequency touch-point areas at least once every two hours.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the casino floor.
- Housekeeping in guest rooms will be offered at check-out only (or upon request by guest).