Contractors will start deferred maintenance work associated with erosion and vegetation encroachment on park bridges beginning Tuesday, Sept. 8. Visitors can expect intermittent delays on the park tour road while the work is completed.
Crews will be working on the following bridges:
- Memorial Arch Bridge (Union Avenue)
- Jackson Road East Bridge (Union Avenue)
- Thayer’s Approach Bridge (Union Avenue)
- Mint Springs Bayou Bridge (Connecting Avenue)
- Jackson Road West Bridge (Confederate Avenue)
- Hovey’s Approach Bridges (South Loop)
The tour road will remain open during these repairs. Workers will have flaggers and traffic control measures in place in the work areas that may lead to minor delays. Visitors should use caution when approaching work areas.
Updates will be made to the park website at www.nps.gov/vick and on social media.