Connect with us
[the_ad_placement id="manual-placement"]

Fire

Fire scare at Walnut Hills Restaurant Thursday

Published

on

A heating unit scare at the Walnut Hills Restaurant at 1214 Walnut Street resulted in a strong response from VFD at 8:32 a.m. Thursday morning.

According to Vicksburg Fire Chief Craig Danczyk, the response was precautionary as there was no actual fire but a smell of smoke believed to be coming from a HVAC unit that suffered a heat strip malfunction or failure.

The restaurant is open for business.

Engines 6 and 7, Platform 1, Rescue, along with Battalion 1 (Tim Love) and Vicksburg Police responded to the scene.

Copyright © 2021 Vicksburg Daily News.

Vicksburg Daily News