Vicksburg Main Street has announced that the annual Christmas Parade of Lights scheduled for Dec. 5 has been canceled.
Applications to participate in the parade, themed “Frozen in Time,” were due today.
Instead of the parade, Vicksburg Main Street is “reimagining” the event, substituting several smaller events to celebrate Christmas in Vicksburg.
- “This is an unusual year and we certainly want everyone to have a safe holiday,” said Board President Christi Kilroy. ” These well-thought-out changes were made to protect the people who visit downtown. The board and staff have done everything they can to keep the downtown
experience festive and fun for the holidays.”
Vicksburg Christmas events include:
- Friday, Nov. 27, live music at 5:30 p.m. and City of Vicksburg Tree Lighting at 6 p.m. – Santa will be present
- Friday, Nov. 27 through Sunday, Dec. 27 – Christmas in the Park- Make plans to see all the Christmas lights and decorations at Washington Street Park
- Saturday, Nov. 28, All Day – Small Business Saturday
- Sunday, Nov. 29, 1 to 5 p.m.- Old Fashion Holiday Open House. Shoppers who spend $25 or more will receive a poinsettia from the Vicksburg Main Street Program. Santa will be strolling Washington Street and available for pictures – bring your camera!
- Saturday, Dec. 5, 8 a.m. Reindeer Run at Catfish Row
- Saturday, Dec. 5, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Levee Street Marketplace Christmas Open House
- Sunday, Dec. 6, 3 to 8 p.m., Southern Cultural Heritage Foundation Kids in the Kitchen Christmas
- Saturday, Dec. 12, 8 a.m.-10 a.m. Vicksburg Convention Center’s Breakfast with Santa
- Saturday, Dec. 12, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Bella la Vita Photography Toys for Tots Toy Drive
- Saturday, Dec. 12, 2 to 6 p.m., Second Saturday
- Sunday, Dec. 13-12:30 p.m. Vicksburg Convention Center’s Holiday Jazz Brunch “Miracle on Swing Street”
Vicksburg’s Main Street organization appreciates the public’s support in the redesign of this year’s celebration and hopes that each and every citizen will visit the festive downtown area this holiday season to support our merchants, restaurants and businesses. The board and staff of Vicksburg Main Street remains committed to growing the economic vitality of our downtown and community.